Director of engineering
Tel Aviv, Israel
We are looking for a full time Director of Engineering to join our engineering team in our Tel Aviv office. As a Director of Engineering at Bridgecrew, you will lead a group of 3 teams focusing on Bridgecrew SaaS product development and delivery. You will be managing the team leads directly. Each team focuses on sprint-long iterations on the main business goals driving its product. Each team has a wide set of technical competencies, enabling its independence. Your leadership style aspires towards servant leadership, and you will enable the team leads by mentoring them in their managerial position, guiding the teams to deliver high quality, impactful products. You’ll support the team members by focusing on their well-being and professional growth. This role reports directly to the CTO.
- Impactful delivery in the space of Cloud Native security. You will lead Bridgecrew’s Cloud Security product suite. You will build a great engineering organization, focusing on competent, happy and sustainable teams. Together with the group’s PM team, you will guide your teams to solve the most relevant, customer-oriented problems in this space. Together with the group’s Architect, you will guide your teams to provide robust and scalable solutions.
- Enable the teams. Your main focus is coaching the team leads to help them make the most out of their teams and grow as managers. You will manage the hiring and compensation on the teams reporting into you, mentoring individuals to success while overseeing their well-being. Your technical experience will allow you to be relevant to the growth of the teams, not to the individual decisions made on the teams. You will own the longer-term plan for each team’s growth, balancing immediate needs with longer term success. You will foster modern delivery methodologies in your teams with a high focus on a learning organization.
- Execution and communication. Together with the group’s PM team, you will own the business, product and technology of our Cloud Security product suite. Your stakeholders will include Sales, Solution Architects and Marketing. Communicating high-level plans and being able to dive to the smallest customer issue is key to your success.
- 3 years of second-line management experience.
- 3 years of experience delivering SaaS applications.
- Experience in Cloud Platforms GCP/AWS/Azure.
- An experienced approach to management of software development.
- Excellent communication skills and self-initiative.
- Fluent English
- Open source mindset
- Tech Stack: React, NodeJS, AWS, GCP, Azure, Terraform, Python, Docker, Serverless